Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Zenith of Mediocrity

Blog Entries
    Heck you aught to look at Fedex tracking some times. I've had them well over a week off, have had several say to be delivered tomorrow when the package has just been picked up 1000 miles away 10 minutes before and was shipped ground. As usually 4 or 5 day shipping time on these. Nowhere near accurate. But that is life in the covid era.
    Oh, dog stuff.
    I do dog tags for a kennel near me. 80 to 100 tags at a time. All for their White Labrador Retrievers. They have 4 studs and a half dozen bitches for each and sell all over the US. The husband of the owner has flown them to CA to FL and to most of the 50 states. They will personally deliver them so no lost dogs. I'm afraid to ask their starting price.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I signed up with the USPS for their "Informed Delivery" program. They send me an email every morning with images of all the mail I'll be receiving that day (first class and priority only, not third class or bulk). At the bottom, they have any pacages that are coming that day, and then another section with packages scheduled to be delivered in a few days. The service is free.

UPS has a similar service where they will email me whenever a package is shipped, with an estimated delivery date. If that date changes they will email with the change info. On the day of the delivery they will email again with the delivery window expected. It's a lot of email but it is nice to have the information.

I would guess that FedEx has a similar service available but I am not signed up with them.

Saw this on another forum. English only. No French. I guess Spanish readers are smarter. I had no idea that being color blind meant you could not tape up shipping boxes.
    Bill D.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My wife orders lots of stuff on line. The USPS is generally good about delivery notification, but transport is terrible. A package from Moscow, Russia made it from Moscow to NYC in three days and then according to tracking, sat at a post office in New Jersey for 42 days before it was delivered to our local PO and delivered the same day. UPS on the other hand is terrible about saying a package has been delivered and yet nothing shows up for two or three days. And Fed ex, I think the truck goes down the street and just throws stuff out the door and what ever day they feel like showing up. I found packages on the edge of the road way, on top our mail box, behind the mail box, at the pasture gat 200 ft up the driveway , in the middle of the neighbor's driveway in a pouring rain, and once on the hood of my tractor.