Thread: Flat-Pack Dining Room Set

Flat-Pack Dining Room Set

image1 (2).jpg
    image0 (2).jpg
    No, it is not made from particleboard of dubious provenance. The wood is solid American black cherry harvested from a friend's farm just a few miles from my house. I have to confess that due to the size of many of the pieces I did employ a powered jointer and planer. All the joinery was by hand of course. I do love tusk tenon joints-they lock-up really solidly.

Really beautiful wood and beautiful execution.

ps: love your floor.

Nice work. How did you handle the tabletop connection?
    Regards,

Kris

Blog Entries
    Looks like a great table for family gathering.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Beautifully done. I'm always a fan of cherry and I agree with Prashun about the floor-the two together are very pleasing.

Best,
    Chris
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Thanks, folks. I've been a lurker here for a long time and figured it was time to start posting things. The table and benches are at the home of daughter number one, and the floor is vinyl planking. Apparently it looks better in photos than it does in person!
    Kris, although not the same project, I have used the solid wood attachment method shown below for decades. It seems to work well and be pretty quick and easy:
    table attachment method.jpg

Vinyl planking. Of course. A good looking room anyway. For the table, I like your boards and the finish. Looks like pieces were carefully selected (please don't tell me they too are vinyl planking )
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 01-28-2022 at 12:08 PM.

Very nice Alan. I like straight forward clean furnishings like that. Very functional and the beauty lies in the wood itself. I’ve used button attachments very much like yours for nearly all my tops. I’ve got pieces that are approaching 50 now and have never become loose and the tops are still straight.
    Jim

Looks like a 3 board top. Or you did some great grain matching.
    Nice work and in cherry what a treat.
    Aj