Thread: wooden ac condenser base?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

wooden ac condenser base?

So my current ac condenser for my house is sitting on two crappy pallets stacked on top of one another and only about 12" off the ground. I made a nice wooden base for it with treated 2x10" for a skirt and then 2x4 for it to set on. It's like a mini platform the same size as that concrete pad they put under ac condensers. I live by the water, so the plan is to get the condenser about 3ft off the ground instead of only 12" After I built this thing I started to wonder if all the wood I put in this thing will cause it to float away?? lol I forgot the measurements but its like 48"X48" I think by the time they put the condenser on top and still utilize the concrete pad it should be okay??? I'll try and take some pics. I'd hate to have my condenser float away. lol I made this thing for when the old unit breaks and I'll have the installers place the new one on it.

Opinions? Maybe I should take some 2x4's out and do every other 2x4 to make it less bouyant? Do you think the ac installer will have an issue with placing it on my home made platform? I believe code requires it to be 12" above ground and they typically use 4 cinder blocks under one of those concrete pads then place the condenser on top. Not sure if code requires concrete cinder blocks or if that's just what they use because they're only like $.79ea
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-26-2022 at 8:13 AM.