Thread: Choppin a few dados

Choppin a few dados

Not the fastest way to go but satisfying

Chopping Dados.jpg

And loose assembled

What is it? A build thread is planned

All Together R.jpgAlll Together L.jpg

So that answers one question, rotate the phone to the right and the pics come out right side up. My computer displays both right side up but not the forum.

Blog Entries
    Looks great, ever think about getting a plow plane?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Nice work, Tom. Fast is over rated. Look forward to the build thread. BTW, love the color.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Mueller View Post
    BTW, love the color.
    The color is fun to work. After time it turns a nice dark shade like the clamp pad and mallet. It provides tiny splinters that can not be ignored. Plenty of in process sanding helps.

Blog Entries
    A mom and daughter next door are Harry Potter fans. I had made a wand out of holly for fun and practice. It was lying around the shop. The daughter saw me hauling my garbage can to the street with a shop made handle, makes it a lot easier over the long driveway. She asked me to make her one. So after making her the handle I asked if she would like the wand. That is when they let me know they were fans and the mother asked me if she could also have one.

So eventually I made one out of a piece of purple heart. Turns out the daughter's favorite color is purple. Now she wants me to make her a wand out of purple heart. Her first one was left at her grandmother's house and her grandmother doesn't want to give it back.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

If combined in one wand​ I suspect that Holly and Purpleheart could make some magic together.