Thread: Grizzly is out Harvey is in

Grizzly is out Harvey is in

As much as I love Grizzly products, they had 2 chances to get me a table saw. Saia ruined it for them, but after the first one Grizzly should have pursued the options that they are coming up with after the 2nd fiasco.

So, now I’m giving Harvey a shot at it. Ordered their Alpha series saw. From what I’ve seen, it looks like a heck of a machine. I just hope they can find a way to get here unbroken. Looking forward setting it up and finally cutting some wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sonego View Post
    As much as I love Grizzly products, they had 2 chances to get me a table saw. Saia ruined it for them, but after the first one Grizzly should have pursued the options that they are coming up with after the 2nd fiasco.

So, now I’m giving Harvey a shot at it. Ordered their Alpha series saw. From what I’ve seen, it looks like a heck of a machine. I just hope they can find a way to get here unbroken. Looking forward setting it up and finally cutting some wood.
    You know what they say, 3rd time's a charm

Just remember what you said, "Saia ruined it for them". Don't be too hard on Grizzly

I’m not… no hard feelings at all. I just need a table saw.

What was the issue with Grizzly? I'm forced to buy a new saw right now myself, and was looking at both the Grizzly 1023RLW, and the Harvey Alpha 110TC-36P. I like the looks of the Harvey for sure, but there's just not much feedback on use and reliability out there yet. They seem to like them a lot in Oz. The Grizzly seems like a decent basic machine. Was your saw never shipped, or damaged? The 1023 is in stock now apparently.

Good luck with the Harvey. I bought a bandsaw from them last August; it arrived in perfect condition. The carrier was Daylight Transport, the driver used a pallet jack and pushed it right into my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luton View Post
    What was the issue with Grizzly? I'm forced to buy a new saw right now myself, and was looking at both the Grizzly 1023RLW, and the Harvey Alpha 110TC-36P. I like the looks of the Harvey for sure, but there's just not much feedback on use and reliability out there yet. They seem to like them a lot in Oz. The Grizzly seems like a decent basic machine. Was your saw never shipped, or damaged? The 1023 is in stock now apparently.
    You can read about Chris's struggles here:
    https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ble-Saw-Update

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jeff Smith View Post
    You can read about Chris's struggles here:
    https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ble-Saw-Update
    Thank you Jeff. Seems like pure bad luck with shipping. Do people think the Harvey freight will fare better, or is that just as likely to be damaged as the UPS freight? I had a Grizz bandsaw shipped to me in Va. last spring that was perfect, though I had to meet the truck at the Dollar General to unload, as I can't get a tractor trailer down my driveway.

Shipping issues have to be at an all time high based on internet complaints right now. Trucking companies can't hire employees fast enough and I'm guessing training is not a priority.

Congrats on new saw.

MK

Really not Grizzly’s fault, but as much as it’s happening the second time they should have packed it better and or used different carrier. That’s what they suggested after the second time. I very well could have the same problem with Harvey seeing that I’m in SWFL and they’re in CA.

I've bought a couple of machines from Grizzly and Saia was the shipping company in both cases. The cabinet saw was strapped to a pallet and came through perfect. The Shopfox Moulding machine was another story. That one came in 2 boxes (the base in one box and the head in another) and neither strapped to a pallet and both were damaged. The box with the head was damaged on the top and the belt was gone but otherwise in good condition, Grizzly made good on the missing belt. The base on the other hand had been punctured with the tine of a forklift and was hit so hard it bent one of the legs. Grizzly made good on that too, and guess what: that one came in with a hole through the box from another forklift tine. This one didn't damage anything other than the box so the base was OK as they missed the contents. I don't know if others have had issues like that, but IMO it's entirely a shipping company problem. I've always wondered if Grizzly only uses Saia or if there are other options?
    I also ordered a Jet wood lathe that was shipped by another company. That one came in perfect so between the lathe and the cabinet saw, it's possible to get something shipped without shipping damage.
    My 2 cents.