Thread: Carhart Coverall Clips

Carhart Coverall Clips

Anyone else hate the clips Carhart uses on their padded coveralls? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czy-...nel=TheBootGuy At about 4:40. I'd say it's still a pain in the A$#

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Fritz View Post
    Anyone else hate the clips Carhart uses on their padded coveralls? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czy-...nel=TheBootGuy At about 4:40. I'd say it's still a pain in the A$#
    I've got insulated Carhartt coveralls and overalls (maybe you mean overalls, coveralls don't have clips). The clips are somewhat like the clips on the belly straps on insulated horse blankets (where you have to put one part through a slot then twist) a pain the first time or two but after a couple of uses I never think about them. I think that type of clip is more secure and less likely to come loose accidentally like the spring type on Walls, etc. I've had one side on a Walls come loose on occasion when wrangling livestock or logs.

BTW, the horse blanket clips are actually worse than the Carhartt! You really, really don't want the straps on a horse blanket to come loose accidentally while it's rolling or or something. The horse can get freaked out, tangled up, and might hurt itself badly.

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I've got insulated Carhartt coveralls and overalls (maybe you mean overalls, coveralls don't have clips). The clips are somewhat like the clips on the belly straps on insulated horse blankets (where you have to put one part through a slot then twist) a pain the first time or two but after a couple of uses I never think about them. I think that type of clip is more secure and less likely to come loose accidentally like the spring type on Walls, etc. I've had one side on a Walls come loose on occasion when wrangling livestock or logs.

BTW, the horse blanket clips are actually worse than the Carhartt! You really, really don't want the straps on a horse blanket to come loose accidentally while it's rolling or or something. The horse can get freaked out, tangled up, and might hurt itself badly.
    Thanks for the reply to my venting John. I have arthur itis and was getting ready to go out and plow snow for the second day in a row and not in a good mood. I guess I'll have to give in and ask my wife to help me with the straps. Heck, maybe plow the snow?

I used to be a pipe welder in an earlier life (seems soooo long ago now), so I would wear brown duck Carharts daily. They were the most spark and slag resistant clothing I could find, other than hot and uncomfortable leathers. I got used to overalls, so I naturally transitioned into a more comfortable demon overall when I'm at home, tinkering around or in the shop. Anyway - I prefer the Carhart clip over the other brands that have the button head snap. Mostly because I can't stand how the button head style ends up rotating in the wash and the straps get all messed up and wrinkled. The Carhart does not, and it also stays wherever you last adjusted it. After you wear them a few times, the clip gets easier to marry. I also prefer the elastic piece on the Carhart strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Fritz View Post
    Thanks for the reply to my venting John. I have arthur itis and was getting ready to go out and plow snow for the second day in a row and not in a good mood. I guess I'll have to give in and ask my wife to help me with the straps. Heck, maybe plow the snow?
    Yikes, arthritis can be a huge problem and I can see those clips being a problem with dexterity limitations. I’m wondering if you can modify the clips to give a bit more clearance to make them easier to fasten. Or replace the clips with another style. (I wonder if Carhartt might have an idea, or consider supplying alternate clips on request.)

Hey, what’s this “plow snow” thing? I vaguely remember something about it when I was a kid in PA. I here there are things like snowblowers too but I’ve never seen one up close. I like the idea of someone else dealing with the snow!

We had a huge snow here a couple of weeks ago, 2 inches I think, and got to sled down the hill. It was mostly gone the next day. Most every thing shuts down at 4-6 inches.

"Hey, what’s this “plow snow” thing? I vaguely remember something about it when I was a kid in PA. I here there are things like snowblowers too but I’ve never seen one up close. I like the idea of someone else dealing with the snow!

We had a huge snow here a couple of weeks ago, 2 inches I think, and got to sled down the hill. It was mostly gone the next day. Most every thing shuts down at 4-6 inches."

That's enough of that John, go to your room and shut the door.