Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SawStop Blades

I'll just add you can send your Forrest blade to them for repair cheaply. Like $40-$50 depending on the damage (don't ask why I found that out!)
    Just a Duffer

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Miller View Post
    I'll just add you can send your Forrest blade to them for repair cheaply. Like $40-$50 depending on the damage (don't ask why I found that out!)
    Tried that with one of mine. They said they couldn't repair it. Oh well.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

When you have a bad tooth or three, repair is the thing. When you bury a blade in a SawStop's block of aluminum at great force with a sudden stop, it's not just teeth that can be affected. New blade is the way to go and it's still less expensive than a "new finger", as it were, if you have an SS for the reason of additional safety.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Miller View Post
    Fifty bucks doesn’t sound like a cheap repair to me. Specially when the blade cost roughly double that.

The blade that came with my PCS is a 40 tooth combination blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    When you have a bad tooth or three, repair is the thing. When you bury a blade in a SawStop's block of aluminum at great force with a sudden stop, it's not just teeth that can be affected. New blade is the way to go and it's still less expensive than a "new finger", as it were, if you have an SS for the reason of additional safety.
    I won't post this answer from Tony Ferrato, the technical sales and service representative at Forrest Manufacturing Co as reported in Fine Woodworking, but I will include the link:
    https://www.finewoodworking.com/2014...es-be-repaired
    Just a Duffer

Nice to at least see the initial part of the answer...the majority is behind a paywall. I'd still be, shall we say, itchy about repairing a blade that's been "sawstopped" but it's nice to know it's deemed possible.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...