Thread: Feeder for k700S pro

Feeder for k700S pro

I've put it off but ready to take the plunge and get a feeder for my Felder saw/shaper. I know the DC comatics are nice, but I don't think I need that much muscle ($1500 - yipes!) However, the 17.5" span from the center of the mount to the center of the spindle does limit my choices.

What do people suggest? I had a baby feeder (Delta versa) that I liked, once I put Western Roller wheels on it, but the reach for that wasn't even close.

Terry T.

Terry Felder sells a longer than standard horizontal arm that I think is common to most feeders. That’s if you want to use it on the saw. The standard arms work on the shaper as is.

My feeder needs a new stand and I am hoping to get a Comatic smart stand, which is apparently much better than the standard feeder stands.

Felder doesn't list the reach, nor do most vendors. (Grumble)

Terry,

I have installed a DC-40 on my Hammer B3. The tube that comes standard with the stand is 27 inches long. Based on the information found on the ShopGear website, the long tube is 42 inches long. I do not know whether the longer tube is compatible with the stand that is currently installed on your machine.

https://www.shopgearinc.com/products...variable-speed

Regards,

Jacques

Blog Entries
    Steff and comatic both have long arm last I checked. Both are only available in the 2.5" stands (1hp size models.) I wouldn't suggest anything less than that anyway due to stand flex on the smaller units.