Thread: clamps for segment rings

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE

clamps for segment rings

FYI you may know this already Amazon has size your own hose clamps price is pretty decent 20 feet of clamp band less than $16.00. Should work nice for large rings.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GTWY8BT...t_details&th=1

An alternative to hose clamps is shown by Earls Small Segment Shop on You Tube. They work well and are cheap.

I use band clamps with a 1" wide strap size. I have 6 and have used each of them many times. I've glued up somewhere between 1200 and 1500 rings by now, so on average each clamp must have done 200-250. My concern with hose clamps was that they would wear out with repeated uses, but maybe that's not the case. Pony brand band clamps seem to work the best for me of the ones I have.

Menards sells a quick grip style band clamp that works well. I don't think they have stores near you but you could get them online.

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    That is pretty cool thanks for the heads up on Earl's method going to give that a whirl, pun intended
    Appreciate you time and support
    mike

Duct hose clamps can be connected together for larger size clamp also. Not all duct hose clamps are compatible in connecting and like said above, some are better quality. I recently connected two 6" clamps to use on 8" diameter clamping job.

If your cutting is right on, thick rubber bands do the job quite well. https://sawmillcreek.org/archive/ind.../t-160955.html