Thread: Navigating Nova Voyager DVR menus

Question Navigating Nova Voyager DVR menus

Hi, Just got the floor model Voyager, and really like it. The manual seems a bit thin for a software based UI. For instance, I chose Advanced Operations>Pilot Hole. Which worked great. But, I don't know how to turn it off to go back to standard mode? Must be simple, I tried pressing and holding Menu, but that didn't work. And customer support is only open 9-5 M-F. Would love some help here. Thanks, Mike

go into the menu under Pilot Hole where you selected the feature "on"

press the zero/confirm button. It act like a toggle switch to turn the feature on and off.

At least thats how i remember doing it. YMMV

Thanks Dave. I called tech support, and he had never had this question. After consulting with a senior person, came back with your answer, but slightly clarified. To turn off the Pilot Hole advanced function, you press menu, move over to advanced functions, select Pilot hole, and toggle the "Slow Start" feature, then press menu 3 times to get back to ordinary drilling. This works, but sure is obtuse, when "command/control Z" would be so easy to program into one of the four F keys that would allow you to turn off an advanced feature with one keystroke.
    Mike Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ward View Post
    Thanks Dave. I called tech support, and he had never had this question. After consulting with a senior person, came back with your answer, but slightly clarified. To turn off the Pilot Hole advanced function, you press menu, move over to advanced functions, select Pilot hole, and toggle the "Slow Start" feature, then press menu 3 times to get back to ordinary drilling. This works, but sure is obtuse, when "command/control Z" would be so easy to program into one of the four F keys that would allow you to turn off an advanced feature with one keystroke.
    Mike Ward
    Glad you got it sorted. Agree with you on the shortcuts.

But this is the problem we face with tools / cars now that they’ve become computers. The machine guys have little knowledge about “programming” and the IT wonks know little about things mechanical. It’s just evolution I suppose.