Thread: Fs - pexto 8" drawknife

Fs - pexto 8" drawknife

This knife is relatively "petite" in that the distance from the end of the blade to the handle is shorter than most 8" knives. In use it handles more like a 6 or 7" knife. It is in excellent shape and comes from a respected brand that traces its history back to Seth Peck in 1797. Through acquisitions and mergers over the decades, PEXTO became one of the premier manufacturers of tools. In fact, the brand is still used today.

The handles have been refinished and are tight. The metal has a very nice patina. The 8" blade is oriented for bevel up, but not too dramatically. In a pinch it could be used bevel down. I have cleaned up the back side and established a very slight rounded bevel that helps with pulling out of a cut. Somewhere along the way a user got a little careless on a grinder and gouged the bevel a bit. However, the depressions do not and never will affect the edge or function of the knife as the edge is determined by the back side. The knife is extremely sharp and comes with my patented "custom blade guard."

$65, plus actual shipping. Payment by personal check. I prefer to ship you the knife, and if you like it you send me a check. If you don't, then ship it back to me and pay me nothing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PEXTO 1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	472065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PEXTO 2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	472064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PEXTO 3.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	472066  

Left click my name for homepage link.

PM sent. I would love it.

Sold to Dave!! Thanks.

Left click my name for homepage link.