Thread: Paradise by the dashboard lights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Paradise by the dashboard lights

Meatloaf died. I enjoy listening to the “bat out of hell” album while working at my lathe. I can turn it up load enough that I can hear it above the lathe noise. RIP

He was quite a showman for sure. Sometimes I check out some of his vids on utube and always enjoy it.

I was 16 and driving my 1st car when the Bat Out of Hell album came out. Paradise by the Light of the Dashboard was my favorite song and my mother was none too happy that her daughter loved the song. I still crank it over our big PSB Gold speakers ever chance I get. RIP Meatloaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Starr View Post
    I was 16 and driving my 1st car when the Bat Out of Hell album came out. Paradise by the Light of the Dashboard was my favorite song and my mother was none too happy that her daughter loved the song. I still crank it over our big PSB Gold speakers ever chance I get. RIP Meatloaf.
    Lisa, I remember it well. I had his 8 track cassette in my Pontiac Firebird. Yes, I recall my older brother's disdain when he heard the lyrics to Paradise.

A friend of mine and client is a DJ; once told me that “Love..” as his most requested song at weddings.
    Just the juxtaposition gives me pause.

I was at a halloween party in 2019 with a bunch of 40 (ok 50) something year olds when PBDBL came up on the playlist. Girls vs boys lip syncing in costume and every person knew every word.

The kids were mortified.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    I was at a halloween party in 2019 with a bunch of 40 (ok 50) something year olds when PBDBL came up on the playlist. Girls vs boys lip syncing in costume and every person knew every word.

The kids were mortified.
    That right there is funny!

Let us not forget "Rocky Horror Picture Show".

Meat's band will continue at least...Caleb Johnson, who Mr Loaf brought into the band some time ago to help with the singing (Meatloaf had growing challenges for some time) said in an interview that he and the band feel that "The show must go on" would resonate with the founder. Caleb was a finalist in Idol a few years ago and was fondly referred to as "mini meat" by me at the time. He's out of Asheville NC and has done very well with his own solo/band recordings/touring as well as being part of Trans Siberian Orchestra, in addition to performing with Meatloaf's band.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Meat's band will continue
    a bit like Queen without freddie - pointless!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Stevens View Post
    a bit like Queen without freddie - pointless!
    Well...Freddie was Freddie, but Adam Lambert is doing a bang up job with the band. He doesn't try to be Freddie, either. Subjective, of course.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...