I am looking for input from those that have specific experience (Glenn Bradley - hope you see this). I have my DC fully functional and I have good pickup from all of my tools with the 2HP Grizzly unit. I bought but did not install the muffler for the G0 440 unit.

My neighbor, for whom I have great respect, and would never complain, has his bedroom fairly close to my garage - probably 25'-30'. I turned on the DC today and walked around to their side of my garage and the noise is fairly noticeable/obnoxious. I have refrained from running the DC after about 8:00 PM because of this. This is the time of day when I have a couple of hours to get some projects done so trying to figure out ways to deal with this.

I didn't install the muffler because I was worried about reduced performance, and as I recall, seems the noise reduction wasn't significant but I could be wrong. Given my predicament, I am willing to give it a shot but don't want to start cutting hoses if it doesn't provide significant benefit.

Thoughts on noise/performance reduction by installing the muffler?