Thread: A Fine Story about a Workbench and Friends

A Fine Story about a Workbench and Friends

Has anybody seen this article in the back of fine woodworking? It was really moving to me. Google "my workbench" "karen mcbride" if the link won't work for you.

https://www.finewoodworking.com/2021...h-my-workbench
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Blog Entries
    Andrew, thanks for that it is a great story.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Fantastic story. It is a great reminder that we all start knowing nothing, and that those of us that know something need to share graciously.

Great story! Thanks for sharing Andrew.

That story strikes a chord with me. My first woodworking project of any consequence was my workbench. Using plans from Popular Woodworking, it took me a long time to get it done, but I was determined to not cut any corners. I learned so much new skill on the 1 project that I gained to confidence to tackle pretty much everything going forward.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Andrew Wilkie is a contributor on the Oz WW forums and I have bought many of the tools he makes, absolutely beautiful stuff. As usual he down played his contribution to Karen's woodworking start and still stays in touch with her.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening