Thread: Pozidriv Screwdriver Set

Pozidriv Screwdriver Set

Hi folks,

Does anyone make a decent Pozidriv screwdriver set? Decent as in Klein level quality, not Harbor Freight or no-name brands. I keep running into more and more of these and mangling them with my Phillips screwdrivers (I just galled up some cup hinge hardware on a cabinet). I don't seem to find many options for Pozidriv tooling.

I know you can get Pozidriv bits and I have some, but I don't like using them in hand adapters, if I can avoid it. I prefer an actual solid screwdriver when I need to hand drive things.

Thanks!

Both Wera and Wiha do.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

I second the WIHA's. I think that they made the ones for BLUM. That is what we use in our shop.

snap on or Mac tools

I believe that Lee Valley may have some nice options for this.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have there wera set. I'm happy with them. If you check out kctool.com they have several different high quality options.

Where is everyone running into these pozidrive screws? Are they coming in a kit with other hardware like hinges and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schuch View Post
    Where is everyone running into these pozidrive screws? Are they coming in a kit with other hardware like hinges and such?
    They are common with cabinet door hinges as well as some other cabinet hardware.

PB Swiss makes good ones. I have a single #2 Pozidriv from them for those odd fasteners that need it.

Where I've most recently run into PZ is in cabinet door hinge adjustment mechanisms. Two of the screws were Phillips and one was Pozidriv (??).

Ikea furniture uses them too, but a bunch of woodworkers are...uh...not exactly their target market.

I use both Pz & Phillips driver bits a fair bit and to quickly identify them I put different colour heat shrink sleeves on all of them.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening