Thread: Mitersaw Cart with a repurposed drum sander stand

Mitersaw Cart with a repurposed drum sander stand

Last year a bought a 16/32 Powermax sander that came with a metal stand. I didn't care for it, so I built a cabinet for the sander. I've been tripping over the metal stand for months, not really wanting to pitch it (it's not junk). I picked up a second Dewalt 12 CSMS and it needed a stand that wouldn't take up too much room, so I thought I'd bang out a simple cart on casters using the metal Powermax stand. I got a bit carried away.... Not simple. Took way too long. It's pretty stable though, and I think it'll work out OK. If anyone has one of these metal stands and doesn't have a purpose for it, this might give you ideas. The fenses can move away from the saw in order to use or remove the saw's sliding fence pieces. The little chains keep the outrigger supports from falling to the floor. I have a small shop vac and one of those recepticles that turns on the vac when a tool it used. The plan it to keep the little vac on the shelf.

Nicely done!

Some sort of rolling miter saw station is on my short list of projects this year; just need to sit down and finalize the design specifics. The Ridgid MSUV stand that my saw is on now has collapsed on me a couple times over the years, nearly taking fingers off in the process. Anything I build will be safer than that!

Thank you Monte.

I just learned the dust port on this saw is an odd size. Requires a special adapter to attach to standard sizes. Well, either that or some duct tape. Back to Amazon to find the right fittings. Nothing is ever easy it seems.

Looks like you have spent a lot of time making shop stuff.

I have. I got tired of dealing with crap that I slapped together a couple years ago, and made the commitment to build things that I'd actually use and take care of. It's nice to have, after it's built, but it also takes time away from making furniture or other items I'm much rather be making.