Thread: Metal motor cover for Powermatic Modell 66

Metal motor cover for Powermatic Modell 66

I have two 10" model 66 powermatic table saws and love them both. I've had them both for 20+ years. One has a metal motor cover and one has a plastic cover. I never really liked the plastic cover. It did the trick of course but it never really gave me that "Saw Complete" feeling.

I know it's a long shot but does anyone have an old Metal cover lying around that you would be interested in selling? At this point I really want one and would not be overly concerned about cost, even if I had to have to ship from the West coast. If you have one, try me....love to talk. Chuck

I always wondered why is seems the majority of those disappeared. Same for the Delta's. My old Unisaw was bought used without one.

I built a wooden box with a slot for a slide in 12x12 furnace filter. It serves as air intake for the DC, and keeps dust from getting thrown out. Seems to work pretty good. I tried it with a piece of plywood slid in, instead of the filter, and DC works Much better with the filter. I thought it might keep the motor cooler too, but didn't do any testing of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thompson View Post
    I have two 10" model 66 Powermatic table saws and love them both. I've had them both for 20+ years. One has a metal motor cover and one has a plastic cover. I never really liked the plastic cover. It did the trick of course but it never really gave me that "Saw Complete" feeling.

I know it's a long shot but does anyone have an old Metal cover lying around that you would be interested in selling? At this point I really want one and would not be overly concerned about cost, even if I had to have to ship from the West coast. If you have one, try me....love to talk. Chuck
    Chuck, I have two Powermatic 66's and two model 72's. Recently, about 6 weeks ago, I purchased a metal motor cover for the Model 72 from Hermance machinery located In Williamsport, Pa. It was $147.00 including tax and shipping charges. Thirty one years ago when I bought my first new 66, I paid approximately $100.00 from Samuel Machinery In Philadelphia. The motor cover was metal and painted gold. The Hermance cover was also painted gold, it is identical to the cover I bought 31 years ago. Naturally, the 72 I want to put it on is metallic green, so I have to paint the cover. It appears to be new old stock. The box it arrived in was musty and appeared to be the original box from Powermatic. The 66 and 72 take the same size motor cover. They have more in stock. However, I just read that Hermance was acquired by another company. Check their website. I ordered if off website and did not speak to anybody. Received it the next day after order. You should be able to get one. Good Luck.
    Last edited by William Bell; 01-19-2022 at 8:57 AM.