Thread: Advice on sagging Jointer table (MM FS41ES)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Advice on sagging Jointer table (MM FS41ES)

I have a sagging jointer in-feed table table that is producing concave joints (cup in the middle). This is a new MM FS41ES so this has been happening since production. Since I assumed it was factory adjusted, I thought it was my technic but its clear now its the in-feed table. Just incase anyone is wondering, it was not lifted by the tables.

I tested with a woodpecker strait edge that has .001" deviation per foot. So I would expect the edge to be no more than .002" over the span on the in-feed. I measured .001" gap at the front of the in-feed, and .010" 24" out from the edge. The full length must be further out.

My question is about what to do, I see no instructions in the manual about adjusting a sagging table. Maybe I'm missing it, but I looked twice. I read several old threads, and on other units with split tops, shimming the hinges seems to be the thing to do. I don't honestly feel I should have to do that on a brand new machine.

Sadly, I should have checked this before I started final work before a glue-up.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images