Thread: Splintered Threads?

Splintered Threads?

I've wondered this for a while, is there any way to stop a thread from splintering into numerous directions? I specifically ask this because I often miss responses to posts, and often find my responses to posts showing up out of alignment with where I thought they would be. I have to search through the hybrid view to track down comments. When I access SMC via my phone, I can't see the hybrid view and consequently can't see large portions of conversations. Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

Go to forum actions on the top of the page on the line right under the donate button. Go to general settings, scroll down to thread display options - use thread display mode and choose one of the linear options. I like oldest first, so everything is in order of when it was posted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Besaw View Post
    Go to forum actions on the top of the page on the line right under the donate button. Go to general settings, scroll down to thread display options - use thread display mode and choose one of the linear options. I like oldest first, so everything is in order of when it was posted.
    I agree with Scott.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Greatly appreciated guys.

Blog Entries
    Thanks! This has confused me as well.

I use Newest first so I don't have to scroll to find the new stuff.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night