Thread: Paint/finish Sprayer

Paint/finish Sprayer

Currently use brushes/high density foam rollers. Thinking about upgrading to a 3 stage sprayer. Is it worth it?

Jeremy,

A little more information on the type, volume and frequency of work you do that requires finishing would be helpful. What may suit me as a hobbyist may be a terrible choice for you, depending on your needs and preferences.

Regards,

J.

Never heard of a three stage sprayer? Is that any different or is it just the blower. Why not a proper ring blower?
    Bill D

I figured it was explained online somewhere: https://pittsburghsprayequip.com/blo...-how-to-choose

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Thornton View Post
    3 stage sprayer. Is it worth it?
    Yes, they are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Never heard of a three stage sprayer? Is that any different or is it just the blower. Why not a proper ring blower?
    Bill D

Most of the consumer grade turbines use an AMETEC vacuum blower. About 30 years ago, I made my own blower using such. Bought an Apolo 5000 gun to go with it.

Projects around the house….dressers and toys for the kids. I am planning to do some built ins for the laundry room and the family room. Those are the next few projects lined up

Projects and furniture for the house. Built ins and such.

Thanks for the info. As stated by James the unit you have in mind will work. I have a 4-stage unit (Fuji) that is probably « a bit more than what I need » 😊.

Having access to a spray system is nice.

Good luck,

J.