Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: safety in the workplace

The only safe thing I saw in that video was she was working alone & wasn't distracting anyone else .
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

With 3.2 million views, I'd say she accomplished the goal of nearly all Youtube people. Teaching skills and safety is not the #1 reason videos post on there. I'll give her points for not saying "Hey YouTubers" and "Please, please, please hit subscribe"
    Last edited by Richard Coers; 01-17-2022 at 12:04 PM.

At least she is not wearing high heels. I am sure those are not steel toed tennies. If that kick back piece hit her toes she would be in trouble.
    Bill D

They might make Minolo Blonics with steel toes. Maybe not on Amazon but somewhere. Likely tells you in the the book of how to get more views on you tube.

I just cannot fathom the no safety glasses. Dust and noise take time to add up the damage. You can lose an eye in under one second on the first day.
    And looking into mouth of the planer while it is spinning, why? Wonder if she wears contacts.
    Very impressive if she is blind
    Bill D
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 01-17-2022 at 7:43 PM.

ear protectors are number one for me. Eyes while I should have glasses always dont. I rely on reflexes so not the best. At one time wore mask glasses and ear protection, the glasses fogged up. Not ideal if you cant cant see. Im no role model.

I watched one or two more of those you tubes and saw some lousey stuff, making a rabbit standing on the other side of the fence rubber mallet for a push stick which from memeory became two hands behind the blade. If she actually did that work and worked that way its only a matter of time before it doesnt end well. The kick back that seemed to make her happy barely qualified, technically yes but it had 2 percent of the force it could have had and much more so if she had been in the line of fire.

I wanted to find a you tube of this british guy in a Red Shop Robe. I remember him using push sticks that were super long. It was like a guy doing woodwork with really long chop sticks.

She is adhering to an important shop rule-- No loose clothing.

Years ago a guy showed up at an auction with a lady that could have been her prettier sister. She was wearing the same proper shop work wear plus makeup and heels. I realized she was there for a reason, to be a distraction as he did buying. Sure enough he bought a bunch of major equipment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Hands down, best post of the thread

Her hair is short so it does not need to be tied back. From the machines I assume she is in North America but I never heard any spoken words So it could be anywhere in the world.
    Bill D

I bet younger guys noticed she has no wedding ring showing to get caught in the machinery. That is one of the few safe things she is doing.
    Bill D
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 01-18-2022 at 11:21 AM.

From the machines I assume she is in North America but I never heard any spoken words So it could be anywhere in the world.
    She's from Korea. She has that info in her "about". There's also a link to Instagram & there are a lot of pictures of other finished furniture - which I assume the factor puts out.

LOL! Good one!
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

dont mean to be picking on her, lots of others I could, even me. Old guy said dont go behind the blade then showed me why. doing this one day wont end well.

Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Hilarious Dave!!

Interesting to see that Korea paints their old tools the same as USA high school shop green.
    Bill D