For visibility, I'll also cross posted this on the finishing forum. Hoping the mods forgive...... I'll delete one if need be.

I'm working on a piece that will need some large cracks and knotholes filled with epoxy. I've done some of this on small voids and cracks with 5 minute clear two part DEVCON from the hardware store and it's worked exceptionally well. This project will require more volume, perhaps four or five fluid ounces. I also need something with a thinner viscosity so it will fill deep narrow cracks. All I can find at the local woodworking store is two part bar top finish that based on the price contains gold or platinum. The home center has the same sort of stuff but at a more down to earth price. That said, neither claimed they were suitable for filling voids or cavities.

What say the Sawmill Creek Illuminati? Does anyone have experience with something that doesn't set up too quick, will take dye/stain well, and is available in a smaller (pint) size? I'll also prefer it not be too spendy but I'll pay whatever I need to for something that will work.

Thanks in advance.