I have used buckets and buckets of Weldwood Plastic Resin Glue to veneer my 1/16 - 1/8" shop sawn veneer onto Baltic birch, MDF, etc. It was easy to get, didn't go bad for a long time, and was reasonably priced. Well, no more. After not being able to find it for several months on Amazon, etc., I contacted DAP and was told it was discontinued several years ago. I swear I bought some a year ago, certainly within the last 2 years. Regardless, I need a new glue for veneering.

I have used Unibond 800 in the past. It has some advantages of a longer open time and less clamping pressure over PRG, and the price is reasonable. It's shelf life is barely a year, however. Not a deal breaker, however, and I know it works. My other obvious option is epoxy. I know it works but it has some serious drawbacks mostly related to cleanup, but also that it wicks through any pore to the show side very easily. There's also liquid hide glue, I suppose, but I have never seriously considered it because of the water solubility issue. And there's also Gorilla Glue. It's another product that works but, again, it's a pain to deal with as far as cleanup.

Which brings me to Titebond Original. Its properties look reasonably good for creep resistance. So, is anyone using TB Original with shop sawn veneer? Maybe stated somewhat better: Has anyone been using TB Original for several years with shop sawn veneer with no failures?

Looking forward to your input. Thanks.

John