Thread: SD Card setup in phone

SD Card setup in phone

How do most people set up their SD card in their android phone
    Internal Storage or Default Storage+

I'm basically using an old phone as a dash cam and want to put a 128 gb card in it, so which way would be best to set the card up ?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post

I'm basically using an old phone as a dash cam and want to put a 128 gb card in it, so which way would be best to set the card up ?
    Will your phone take that big of a card

Blog Entries
    I use my SD card for all storage of documents and photos. That way if the phone dies or I have to get a new one, all my data is safe on the SD card.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I use my SD card for all storage of documents and photos. That way if the phone dies or I have to get a new one, all my data is safe on the SD card.

so is that default or internal
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    The default storage is the SD card.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post

Flip side of that is that if the SD card dies your data is gone. Best you have it backed up. Fortunately, I did.

Video is very demanding on SD cards. I use these in Alarm.com cameras because they one of three types that are tested to work. They come in 128 GB and 256 GB. I have no idea if they are needed for your application.

Right but your given the option of how to install the SD card. You can install as Internal Storage or you can install as Default storage and I was wondering what most people do.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Hi Bert,

The internal storage is the memory installed permanently in your phone by the maker. Once an microSD is added, you will have the possibility of storing your data into the internal memory or into the SD card. When you consult your files, that choice will be offered. Some applications will let you choose where to store files by default. Your camera app and file downloading settings come to mind.

When you connect your phone to your computer to upload or download files, you will given the choice between "phone" and "card".

Regards, Andre

My phone, when I opened the camera app after installing a microSD card asked me where I wanted to store my pictures/videos. As mentioned earlier, some older phones may be limited to 32 GB. cards

Well I decided to put it in the phone and see what happens. It did ask if I wanted photos and vids on the card and I said yes. thanx for all the replies
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post

My old phone, an S7, I had to tell the cam app where to save files. That was with Nougat? OS.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night