Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100% cotton sweatshirt, 3xl, heavy weight

100% cotton sweatshirt, 3xl, heavy weight

I want to buy a heavy weight sweatshirt to sleep in. my old one is getting to worn. Problem is many are only 9 ounce which is barely more then a 7oz tee shirt. I would like 14 ounce or thicker and no poly.
    many do not list weight but say easy move light weight.
    I can not find a single one that is not 50% poly or more with a crew neck not a hood and strings to choke on.
    Bill D.

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I pretty much live in my Arborwear vest and/or coat from October to April. Incredibly well made.

I have on right now a Hanes heavyweight sweatshirt that checks all your criteria except it's 10% poly. Still warmer than other sweatshirts I have, I just ordered another. I got it from Amazon and found it interesting that some other colors had higher poly content. Maybe due to the poly content it didn't shrink much at all after being washed.

I like the cotton sweatshirts that I purchased at: https://www.justsweatshirts.com/clas...eatshirts.html

I think I'd die in a sweatshirt at night, but I do use the long sleeve "long tail" tees from DuluthTrading.com for winter sleeping. They are quite heavy compared to most tees and wear like iron, too. They have a couple of heavy crew neck sweatshirts, but I suspect that the price isn't going to interest you for your particular application.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I guess I should have mentioned a price limit. Highest suggested so far is $169 plus shipping. I was hoping under $50. The Hanes is about 2/3 the warmth of what I would like. I may get one for spring and fall.
    The Duluth Tee is probably about the weight of what some companies call a sweat shirt.
    Bill D.

Duluth tee is 7.5 oz some "sweat shirts" are 7.2oz. I think that means ounces per square yard or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I think I'd die in a sweatshirt at night, but I do use the long sleeve "long tail" tees from DuluthTrading.com for winter sleeping. They are quite heavy compared to most tees and wear like iron, too. They have a couple of heavy crew neck sweatshirts, but I suspect that the price isn't going to interest you for your particular application.
    Thanks for the tip Jim. I found six tee shirts being sold as a group on ebay for about what one of their sweatshirts would cost. I will seE if they are heavy enough for winter. EitheR way I think I am set for life for long sleeve tee shirts.
    Bill D.

PS: My nephew got married in Duluth several years ago.

I'm pretty much a "poster child" for DT when it comes to their long-tail tees and other shirt shirts as well as the "Buck Naked" underwear, Bill. I wasn't kidding when I said they wear (pardon the expression) "forever"...or more accurately, a very long time. If I retire something, it's often because elastic gave out, even though the garment material is sound. I used their stretch "fire hose" jeans for work pants for many years...and by work, I mean "dress" given I was in technical sales.

I like the long-sleeve tees in the winter for obvious reasons for both sleeping and as my base layer. It's easier to add and extra blanket than it is to have to completely change a shirt in the middle of the night if for some reason things get toasty.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I just wonder why it is so hard to find 100% Cotton anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by John Stankus View Post
    I just wonder why it is so hard to find 100% Cotton anything anymore.
    It seems odd that California has very little 100% cotton since we grow more of it then any other state.
    Bill D

Agree totally with Jim on the DT long tails. They are much heavier than the LLBean long sleeve T’s I now wear in the winter months. For me, the long tails became just to long. They prevent Plumbers butt, but are really a night dress if you aren’t heavy enough to take up the cloth. I really did like the weight. Once the weather turns cool I go the long sleeves for the winter. Our bed is against the window which is open winter nights. Taht was tough on really cold nights as i shave my head. I picked up a knitted Watch Cap last winter and sleep well with it. It’s a funny look, but I sleep well so… I would also suggest you try the DT sweat shirts. They too are a full cut and quite heavy. Once you hole them sufficiently they serve as excellent shop rags

If you like Duluth Trading long tshirts, I can let you in on a local secret which would be an upgrade. Heavyweight Collections out of San Clemente, California.

Formed 20 years ago by surfers who wanted a traditional heavy weight "JC Penny" type shirt for beachwear, they are mainly surfer type patterns. They are about as thick as most sweatshirts, and if you ask, they come in solid colors. Like Jim, I pretty much live in my heavy weight white long sleeve TShirts year round. In the summer, they absorb sweat and keep the sun off my arms, and in the winter they provide warmth.

I buy them by the dozen. Nice local folks, made in America by Americans.

https://www.heavytshirt.com/
    Regards,

Tom