Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wall mounted electric panel heater

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Norton View Post
    I'm in the same situation as Jim regarding the garage door. Flat ceiling, insulated to R30, wall R13, garage door R10
    Except...I don't have the insulation in the gara...err...temporary shop. It's down to near freezing in there today with the outside temps at 17-22ª for this week's one day arctic freeze.

Tom, I thought about a man-door, but honestly, putting one in would actually make the space less usable for my temporary purposes. I'm hopeful to have a building up sometime this year. Crossing my crossables...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim:

Congratulations on selling your old place. It's a great feeling, and weight lifted off you when that occurs.

Now on to the new shop.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Carl,

The garage door seals could be a good place to look. I think they are sealed well, but there may be some gaps. I will go outside tonight and see if any light shines through when the shop lights are on.

Jay
    Did you find any substantial leaks around the garage door seals? Also, is there any benefit in putting insulation foam sheets on the interior garage door panels. Should be able to increase that R15 value somewhat.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Jim:

Congratulations on selling your old place. It's a great feeling, and weight lifted off you when that occurs.

Now on to the new shop.
    Thanks. I can also move on with some other very needed projects here, particularly in the kitchen which is unventilated for cooking and has a nasty electric range that sucks, um...lemons. Ventilation and an induction range will fix that.

Parallel to the subject of this thread, we've discovered the hard way that the previous owners put flooring OVER the HVAC vent in the laundry room between the house and the garage. It's VERY cold in there right now and has to be rectified.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Did you find any substantial leaks around the garage door seals? Also, is there any benefit in putting insulation foam sheets on the interior garage door panels. Should be able to increase that R15 value somewhat.
    The door seals are actually very good. I considered extra insulation on the doors, but they are flat on the inside, no cavity to hold insulation. Didn’t consider glueing on foam panels as the doors do get used often in warmer weather.

The door seals are actually very good. I considered extra insulation on the doors, but they are flat on the inside, no cavity to hold insulation. Didn’t consider glueing on foam panels as the doors do get used often in warmer weather.
    I have seen that done with gaps for the door panels to move/open. Should help some. How much... ???