I have been trying to figure out flooring for the house I am going to be repairing and moving into in the spring/summer. It's about 100 years old with two layers of softwood T&G boards in most of the house. The kitchen is in a single story area where the floor rotted away due to the roof leaking while the house was abandoned for several years, so I will have a 3/4" plywood subfloor in there. It's a small house, with about 850 square feet of floor area.

I'm trying to find something that I can use on the floors that will be (1) durable enough so I don't have to take off my shoes every time I come in, (2) reasonably cheap, but that is flexible, and (3) not entirely hideous. For the last 20 years I have lived in a converted barn with plain concrete on the first floor and painted plywood above, except for commercial vinyl tile in the kitchen and bathrooms, so my standards for hideous are very low. I am passionately anti-carpet, but am open to any other ideas. I've thought about LVP or cabin grade hardwood, but am not sure about the durability, and I am doubtful about tile since the subfloor is not entirely smooth, being old softwood boards.

I'll be very grateful for any advice on what to get. I won't be ready to put it in till June but I want to make my plans ahead of time, as I will be too busy doing the other house repair jobs to think about it, once spring comes.