Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: I really enjoy watching professional football

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    I've known a number of guys who played in the NFL. Some played long ago and some played recently. All had/have lasting physical damage.
    Some former player said that being a pro player "was the only profession where you're guaranteed to have a permanent injury".
    Hobbyist

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    99
    Loved to watch NFL, until kneeling during our anthem began, none since and it appears none in my future.

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Coffman View Post
    Loved to watch NFL, until kneeling during our anthem began, none since and it appears none in my future.
    Same here, but I quit watching it years ago, just because I couldn't deal with the obscene salaries and the overall culture.

    All I see are out of touch, spoiled, instant millionaire 20 year olds who think they are so aware...........I know there's a lot of good guys in there, too.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Spartanburg South Carolina
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    Same here, but I quit watching it years ago, just because I couldn't deal with the obscene salaries and the overall culture.

    All I see are out of touch, spoiled, instant millionaire 20 year olds who think they are so aware...........I know there's a lot of good guys in there, too.
    Haven't watch a game since I saw a player take a knee during the anthem. Calling me a racist every time they have a free moment and inventing an alternant anthem won't get me back either. I have much more free time on Sunday now, win win!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    2,062
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    Same here, but I quit watching it years ago, just because I couldn't deal with the obscene salaries and the overall culture.

    All I see are out of touch, spoiled, instant millionaire 20 year olds who think they are so aware...........I know there's a lot of good guys in there, too.
    One-time KC coach Dick Vermeil claimed that he could tell on draft day which players were going to have problems. If a player is wearing a bunch of flashy jewelry, drives a fancy car or has a ‘posse’, that spelled trouble. If a player shows up in just a nice business suit, it suggested some humility which made the player coachable.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Doylestown, PA
    Posts
    6,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Some former player said that being a pro player "was the only profession where you're guaranteed to have a permanent injury".
    Not true. How about long term framers, roofers, anybody engaged in a physically demanding trade. It just takes longer. I read a couple pro football forums. Some lament the 'sissyfication' of modern NFL play. "They might as well play flag football". It might well come to that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •