Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I really enjoy watching professional football

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    I've known a number of guys who played in the NFL. Some played long ago and some played recently. All had/have lasting physical damage.
    Some former player said that being a pro player "was the only profession where you're guaranteed to have a permanent injury".
    < insert spurious quote here >

Loved to watch NFL, until kneeling during our anthem began, none since and it appears none in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Coffman View Post
    Loved to watch NFL, until kneeling during our anthem began, none since and it appears none in my future.
    Same here, but I quit watching it years ago, just because I couldn't deal with the obscene salaries and the overall culture.

All I see are out of touch, spoiled, instant millionaire 20 year olds who think they are so aware...........I know there's a lot of good guys in there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post
    Same here, but I quit watching it years ago, just because I couldn't deal with the obscene salaries and the overall culture.

All I see are out of touch, spoiled, instant millionaire 20 year olds who think they are so aware...........I know there's a lot of good guys in there, too.
    Haven't watch a game since I saw a player take a knee during the anthem. Calling me a racist every time they have a free moment and inventing an alternant anthem won't get me back either. I have much more free time on Sunday now, win win!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Engel View Post

One-time KC coach Dick Vermeil claimed that he could tell on draft day which players were going to have problems. If a player is wearing a bunch of flashy jewelry, drives a fancy car or has a ‘posse’, that spelled trouble. If a player shows up in just a nice business suit, it suggested some humility which made the player coachable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Some former player said that being a pro player "was the only profession where you're guaranteed to have a permanent injury".
    Not true. How about long term framers, roofers, anybody engaged in a physically demanding trade. It just takes longer. I read a couple pro football forums. Some lament the 'sissyfication' of modern NFL play. "They might as well play flag football". It might well come to that.