Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbide bandsaw blades

Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    The lennox more than likely not. The Laguna more than likely yes, I had it on a 14/12 and it performed better at re-sawing than the woodslicer, actually snapped it by over tensioning it which I was surprised since the 14/12 is such a puny saw.
    That is a steel framed saw and very capable of applying a lot of tension on a 1/2" blade, and maybe a 3/4" one. Any blade on it would perform better than the same blade on the 14" Delta cast iron frame saw. No argument that the Resaw King would have far better performance than a Woodslicer, and it's cost could be justified on the Laguna.

John
    Last edited by John TenEyck; 01-11-2022 at 5:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Melin View Post
    I find that I can tension a 3/4" band on this saw as long as I make sure it is tracking dead center on the wheel. At least this is the case with the Woodslicer, and I have resawn some pretty wide stock without the band bowing in the cut as long as I feed it at the rate that the blade likes -- my philosophy is 'always let the blade do the work', pushing harder doesn't save enough time to make it worthwhile.

I would buy another Woodslicer - I really like the quality of the cut but I thought that carbide might might do a comparable job and last longer.
    No way you are going to be able to properly tension a 3/4” carbide blade on a 14” saw w/riser.

NONE.

Whether you choose to believe me and others , is up to you. What do you think you’re going to gain with the xtra 1/4” of width ?

My Rikon 10-326 is a steel framed saw and I struck out twice with the 3/4" Resaw King. The do not make it in 1/2" anymore. I do not know why not. I used full tension on my spring and I just wasn't happy with it. Laguna sent me a free replacement but to no avail. I think the max tension knocked off my wheel alignment, if that is possible, and I did not need trouble like that. A new Lenox flex back 1/2" carbon blade with 3TPI for under $20 is the best deal for resawing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    That is a steel framed saw and very capable of applying a lot of tension on a 1/2" blade, and maybe a 3/4" one. Any blade on it would perform better than the same blade on the 14" Delta cast iron frame saw. No argument that the Resaw King would have far better performance than a Woodslicer, and it's cost could be justified on the Laguna.

John
    The blade i broke was the 3/4” carbide Laguna on the 14/12, I have no experience with that delta bandsaw, I don’t think i have even come close to one.