Thread: Source for Delta 50-720 dust collector filter bag? Can't find right size.

Source for Delta 50-720 dust collector filter bag? Can't find right size.

I have a 50-720 that has a 13.25" round opening and 31" tall filter. I can find aftermarket replacements for every other vertical dust collector but this one.

I need a replacement because it was previously used for carbon fiber dust which is very fine and imbedded in the filter bag. When the system is on and I pat the bag you can see a plum of dust come out of it despite multiple attempts at cleaning. I'm now using it for wood and don't want the CF in the air.

Anyone try folding down a bigger one?

You can get custom sizes here https://americanfabricfilter.com/filter-bags/ Folding a larger diameter will probably leak a lot. A larger volume bag will work better.

I believe McMaster carr has a decent selection of filter bags if I remember correctly.

Every bag made will allow some dust through. If it didn't, the system would not work. That's why folks have gone to cartridge filters for the increased surface area and better air flow. You can always make a plywood adapter and use a cartridge that is that size or larger. But give American Fabric a call as Kevin said for a replacement for what you have. Curious, what does carbon fiber dust do to your lungs? Same or worse than fiberglass particles? Edit; Just read an article claiming carbon fiber dust will be the new asbestos. Good luck