Thread: FS - World's cutest petite drawknife!!

FS - World's cutest petite drawknife!!

I have owned and presently own far too many drawknives. I can't help it - they have become an addiction. I enjoy renovating/rehabbing them to a new life as well as just enjoying the history and the stories they could tell. I came upon this one and acquired it solely because it is unique. I don't think I had considered the use of the word "cute" in reference to a drawknife until this one came along. It isn't the "modeler" type of knife that was mass produced and sold under a dozen different names. It looks for all the world like a larger drawknife. There is no maker's mark, but it is old - the handles show that.

The blade is 4 7/8" long and 3/4" wide. It is sharp and accompanied by my "custom blade guard", patented I am sure - just not by me! I tried out the knife and it actually does a very nice job of cutting seasoned white oak and one can get a tight radius cut that isn't possible with a wider blade. However, the blade has not been hardened. I am not sure that makes a huge difference as this isn't the kind of knife one would use for hours on end. It is task specific when working in a tight spot.

The handles are approx 10" out to out and are tight. They are in a neutral position, so the knife can be used bevel up or down. The tangs do not run the length of the handle and are not peened on the end like on most drawknives. They terminate in the handle and are pinned, making a very secure hold on the tangs. The handles do show wear though, but I have refinished them and they have a nice feel.

$35, plus actual shipping, which shouldn't be much. Payment by personal check. I prefer to ship you the knife, and if you like it you send me a check. If you don't, then ship it back to me and pay me nothing. Your only risk is the cost of return shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	471189   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	471190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	471191  

Left click my name for homepage link.

I love cute as in grandkids and tools. Will send a PM

Sold to Doug. Thanks!

I know it is already sold, but the picture did not come through. I would sure like to see your knife

Allen, email me thru SMC and I will send them to you.