The first time it had busted through the pallet, so the legs were bent up, they sent me a new one and upon initial inspection I only found a plastic adjustment knob broken, so I was okay with that. Then after the driver left I realized the fan shroud had a pretty big dent making the fan not spin and the fan itself is also bent. At first I told the shipper I was just going to load it into my truck and bring it back to the terminal, so I didn't have to wait for another truck to bring me another saw and have to wait all day. They just randomly show up, they don't tell you when they're coming. The saw is about $2k so it looks like I can just buy a new shroud and plastic fan blade for about $80 and it should be okay. I just think it's ridiculous they can't crate the thing properly. This one broke through the pallet too, but appears to be okay.

opinions? This is the third freight truck now that's shown up at my house and i'm afraid the neighbors are gonna start complaining. The shipping company has gotten my address wrong each time too, so I had to call and have it corrected, which also delays the shipment each time. Hopefully they can credit me money for the saw and i'll just order the fan shroud and fan to fix it myself instead of bringing it back to the shipping terminal. I would have helped if I noticed the damage before the driver left each time because I would have just loaded it back on the truck.