Thread: SawStop and Magswitch

SawStop and Magswitch

This has probably been addressed but I couldn't find anything in a search. Just plunked down some significant dough on several Magswitch items. Reversible featherboard for the bandsaw and the "Pro" model for my TS. SawStop doesn't like the Magswitch. I called SawStop and they suggested lowering the blade and moving the featherboard farther away. I tried both of these things but no love.

I am going to be bummed if I can't make this work. Anyone have any solutions?
    Regards,

Kris

I use a magswitth feather board on my Sawstop all the time. Naturally the magnets have to be on the cast iron table surface, which puts them a good couple of inches away from the blade.

What issue are you having?

Well, belay that request for now. Seems one of my belts came apart. This is an almost brand new saw and the last thing I used it for was to cut some 1/2" plywood earlier today. The Magswitch issue must have (hopefully) been a coincidence.

Hard to believe this belt failed. This is a 3HP PCS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Kris

Blog Entries
    That sure looks like defective manufacturing on that belt.

I have a magswitch featherboard and use it a LOT. It's just so easy to set & adjust; takes mere seconds. I also have a SawStop & haven't had issues with it. Where did you here that SawStop doesn't like them? I don't remember seeing that in the manual. I can't imagine what harm it would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    That sure looks like defective manufacturing on that belt.

I have a magswitch featherboard and use it a LOT. It's just so easy to set & adjust; takes mere seconds. I also have a SawStop & haven't had issues with it. Where did you here that SawStop doesn't like them? I don't remember seeing that in the manual. I can't imagine what harm it would do.
    Frank - what I meant was - the saw wouldn't start with the magswitch in place. Unbeknownst to me, the belt had failed, thus the blinking lights.

I will call SS again tomorrow and see what they will do on the belt.
    Regards,

Kris

Blog Entries
    Now I understand. I've used the Magswitch right close to the blade & it's always started. But that broken belt would definitely cause issues

+1. I use mine all the time with my SawStop. Works just fine.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Good to know there are no issues with the magswitch. I appreciate the feedback.

BTW - I called SS this morning and they are FexExing me a belt under warranty.
    Regards,

Kris

Just to close the loop on this.

Got the belt from SS and the saw is up and running.

No issues with Magswitch.
    Regards,

Kris