Thread: small laser machine in the mall?? anyone done this?

small laser machine in the mall?? anyone done this?

hi!

I'm in the philippines and our wooden plaques with pictures are a great hit with the tourists. However, most tourists stay 3 nights 4 days which provides they would prefer to wait for their piece. Is it possible to install a small laser machine in a kiosk in a mall? how would you deal with the exhaust issues? Has anyone done this?

what is a small portable size laser and how many watts? how much?

ULS makes a stand for the Versalaser that has the exhaust blower and a couple of filters built into it: http://www.versalaser.com/english/la...cessories.html.
    (Not clear that it works with the VL300...the dimensions on it make it look like it's VL200-specific.)

The two main issues that came up when I inquired about it are (1) it's hideously expensive and (2) the filters clog up rather quickly if it's used for cutting/engraving wood...and the replacement filters aren't exactly cheap either.

I also think the noise of the machine would be at least as much of a factor in a mall setting as the exhaust.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

small laser machine in the mall??

I saw this being done at a mall in Honolulu about a year ago. They had a variety of wooden items they were selling in a kiosk, and had a little 12x18 laser set up with the fancy air filtration system. They were charging $5 to add the personalization and another $5 for a clipart graphic (limited choice of Hawaiian themed and Christmas stuff). Noise was not a problem, the place was crawling with Japanese tourists all talking so there's no way you could the laser. I asked the guy at the time if he was there all year (like I was coming back, Ha) and he said he only does it from Thanksgiving to Christmas.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green