I have a new-to-me Laguna iQ CNC machine. I'm slowly getting to know the machine and have been running it very conservatively.

I've been doing a lot of reading about speeds/feeds, and I'm beginning to think that my conservative approach is needlessly slow and bad for bit life. By searching this forum, I found this amazing site - https://app.fswizard.com/ - which provides recommended speeds/feeds.

As a somewhat silly example, according to this site, cutting a 1/2" slot through a sheet of 3/4" plywood in one pass using a carbide bit should be done at 14.8K RPM/227 IPM and will use 1.36 HP/0.5 ft-lb torque with a cutting force of 23 pounds. My spindle is 3HP @ 24K RPM = 0.7 ft-lb torque, so this is within the limits of my spindle. And my stepper motors feel like they'd easily lift 23 pounds, although I have no idea what I'm really talking about. But 227 IPM seems ludicrously fast for this operation even with step downs, let alone at full plywood thickness...

As a more realistic example, according to the site, cutting 3/4" plywood with a 1/4" bit in one pass at ~100 IPM is barely pushing the machine (0.36 HP, 7 pounds cutting force).

So, my question is, what are realistic maximum cutting speeds for Laguna iQ-style machines. And by extension, what about maximum rapid speeds? Axiom's marketing says 300 IPM rapids, Powermatic's says 200 IPM rapids and Grizzly's says 400 IPM CUTTING.

I'm interested in knowing this so that when the website gives me insanely high feeds/speeds, I know at one point I need to start messing with other parameters because the machine simply won't ACCURATELY go that fast even if the spindle and the steppers have more than enough power.

Also, as an aside, unless it's just "more power, more better" marketing, it seems that the spindles on these machines are WAY oversized relative to the capabilities of the machines themselves...or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.