I have been percolating on something like this ever since I saw one in an American Woodworker mag back in 2004. I've never had space for one. When I started thinking about my next shop I planned for this from day one. The stowed position will be in front of the double doors. This will allow access to the shorts rack I plan to build on the wall to the left in the pic. The double doors are only used for material coming in and large pieces going out. The swivel action on the rack makes changing position a non-issue. The angles in between the two extremes allow me to put material in and out more easily.

A couple shots of the hinge parts.

The design includes a lifting ring on each side that let me pull and push the rig from the torsion box bottom. There is a piece of 3/8" all thread through a solid member at the front of the base assembly.

And that is pretty much it. I will enjoy having somewhere for my sheet goods to go other than leaning against the walls where I have to move them around or out in the sheds where I am not even sure of what I have.