Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop in the snow

Shop in the snow

Just a pretty picture of my workshop after today’s snowfall

IMG_1305.jpg
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Just beautiful Tom. And I'm green with envy.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Absolutely beautiful, Tom, both the shop and the surroundings. I saw those mountains and said that has to be in VA somewhere. Sure enough. Blueridge mountains are so majestic.

Nice. Around here we have some old monitor dairy barns and many sugar shacks with clerestories that resemble your shop. Do you tap maple or other trees for syrup down there? https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...t=0&ajaxserp=0 http://www.richmondlandtrust.org/monitor_barn/
    Last edited by Kevin Jenness; 01-03-2022 at 11:56 PM.

Wow, that is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford McGuire View Post
    Wow, that is beautiful!
    It sure is. Something about a sunny day shining on fresh snow... Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jenness View Post
    Nice. Around here we have some old monitor dairy barns and many sugar shacks with clerestories that resemble your shop. Do you tap maple or other trees for syrup down there? https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...t=0&ajaxserp=0 http://www.richmondlandtrust.org/monitor_barn/
    I don’t personally tap any maples for syrup, but I have a friend that does occasionally. We have more Silver and Red Maple down here and less Sugar maples than you have in Vermont.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bain View Post
    Just a pretty picture of my workshop after today’s snowfall
    Tom, I pass right by your area several times every year mostly in the Spring and Fall on my way to the Hatfield McCoy Trails in West Virginia. I enjoy the beauty of the area, it's so different then the flat lands where I live. Your shop is in a great location, must be nice.

Beautiful Tom. Boy I miss mountains.

You may have posted them before, but any interior pictures of your workshop?
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Beautiful Tom. Boy I miss mountains.

You may have posted them before, but any interior pictures of your workshop?
    Alan -- I had every intention of doing a build thread when the shop was under construction, but life got in the way. I suppose I could do a retrospective if folks are interested. Here are a few interior photos before I moved all my machinery in:

DSC_9871.jpegDSC_9914.jpg

Thanks for the pictures!! Gorgeous.

Simply stunning. Would love to see more pictures after the equipment was moved in.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Very beautiful inside and out
    Ron

Wow...simply gorgeous and stunning space! Lots of wonderful natural light. Truly jealous I am...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Before you move the tools in, you should have a barn dance.

It will be a great space to work. Mine is similar. Congratulations. I also like your neck of the woods. We used to live in Lynchburg, VA and had a lake house on Smith Mountain Lake.

TW