Thread: Female port for old shop vac hose

Female port for old shop vac hose

Hey... I have a probably 20 year old Fein Turbo 3. I have two hoses, a 2.5" and 1.25" hose. Both have a recessed ring at the end of the hose that clicks into the port on the Fein. Picture attached. Now, I want to use these same hoses with my dust collector. So I'd like to find a female port that these hoses can plug into with the same positive click-in locking action. At the time, I think this was a standard mechanism; I'm pretty sure the 2.5" host was from Craftsman, for example. But I've done every flavor of web search I can think of and can't find anything (can't even find hoses with this locking mechanism). Any suggestions? Thanks.
    IMG_1588.jpg

I have an older Fein Turbo II. A standard 2 1/2" hose with tapered ends will fit but there's no locking mechanism. The only locking mechanism I've seen on a dust collector is the Fein hose. I had a Shop Vac before the Fein and it didn't have any sort of latching mechanism.

Interesting. It's a great system, works perfectly and is super simple, I'm surprised it got dropped and/or never adopted by anyone else. I could have sworn the 2.5" hose was from Craftsman but maybe I got it from Fein too (it was 20 years ago...). That would certainly explain things if it was from Fein. Thanks.

My Ridgid vac has locking ports. Might be an adapter out there somewhere.
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

That's what I've been trying to find... with ZERO luck. Hoping the hive mind will come up with something. It looks like RIDGID has a different locking mechanism though.

Is that something that could be 3D printed?

Probably... if I had one.

I had a Porter Cable vac that had a locking connection, but no longer have it. Not sure they are made any more.