Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

3 Jan 2022

Greetings and Happy New Year (2022)!

My company holiday for New Years is on Monday (3 Jan) instead of Friday, 31 Dec. So I'm making plans to get in the shop and do a few things. The LOML and I are doing what we can to get back to a normal life pattern again and I'm pushing myself to get out in the shop again to do something that I've loved doing since I was 10 years old - woodworking.
    We didn't stay up late to ring in the new year, we went to bed early as we were tired and needed sleep. Next week, I'll post a pic or two of what I've worked on this week.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Glad to hear you're getting back in the shop, Dennis. Life will always be different after your loss, but it gets easier with time. Be kind to yourself. Like you, DH and I didn't ring in the New Year. I don't do well when my sleep pattern is disrupted, so, we went to bed same as always.

I began rough milling the wide, reclaimed boards I selected to make a towel cubby for our home. Now I'm waiting for epoxy to arrive so I can stabilize/fill a couple of spots before I continue. We also spent some time on New Years celebrating my Mother-in-Law's 92nd Birthday. Though she has some memory problems, she is still able to live on her own. I hope I'm half as mobile as she is at that age.

Hope you have a good week.

Hiding from the plague again, so tuning up the shop and starting a few long delayed projects. The BBQ grill cart is well underway. Searched and searched online for one I liked, but no joy. As it turned out, Popular Mechanics magazine, of all places, had a nice design and plans. I had to get a subscription to get the plans (boy, really didn't want another subscription), but here we are. Hopefully will be done in a few weeks. The odd parts needed (restaurant trays, acrylic, metal rods, large wheels) are really adding to the time and cost, but hey, it's a project and I get to use the workshop, so woohoo!!!!
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Happy New Year to all!

No woodworking this past week but working on ideas for "order of projects" here at our new place with closing on the old hopefully behind us in two weeks. A neighbor down the street who is a builder managed to buy the house next door to insure the neighborhood is preserved so I may be exploring helping him with that project...the place is a wreck now, but has uber-potential and that's good for our own property value.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Happy New Year! So far so good!

Got the flooring finished in the kitchen. It looks great and we are loving it so far. Also got the light rail molding cut, fitted, and installed and am working on installing the LED under cabinet lighting. I ran the cables earlier so it's just a matter of mounting the LED strips and hooking everything up.

My buddy picked up our skid steer from the mechanic about a week ago and so far it's as good as new (for a 40 ish year old machine). Mechanic pretty much tore it all down, flushed everything out twice and put it back together. New starter and alternator since it was trivial to do with the engine sled pulled out.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Happy New Year to everyone.
    A few weeks ago a friend dropped off a bunch of hand tools from his mother, who died many years ago. Some Rapiers, a few Stanleys (#4,5, and a 3), and what also turned out (thanks Jim) a #8, series 4 from about 1876 or so. Older than me, anyway. So I’ve been in my nice warm basement while uncharacteristically we’ve been having a cold and white Christmas, doing a little rehab work.
    It’s supposed to get a little warmer this week, so I’m looking forward to getting my little cabinets finished for the House of Worship and get the next series of projects on the way. On December 31 the wife made a list of what she needs built.
    Good thing I’m !Ha! retired.