Thread: Need a new resaw blade

Need a new resaw blade

My Lenox Tri-Master blade broke so I need to find a new one. A little searching looks like people recommend BandSawBladesDirect.com. Any other recommendations for an on-line purchase these days?

For the price I don't think you can do better than the Lennox Woodmaster CT for resawing. It was designed for cutting wood; the TriMaster was not though many people use it for that purpose. No matter what Lennox blade you buy you'll likely get the best price at Spectrum Supply.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    For the price I don't think you can do better than the Lennox Woodmaster CT for resawing. It was designed for cutting wood; the TriMaster was not though many people use it for that purpose. No matter what Lennox blade you buy you'll likely get the best price at Spectrum Supply.

John
    Thanks for the recommendation John. I last used Blade Serpent and Spectrum seems to be about $4 cheaper for the Diemaster 2 blades.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

You might check with toolcenter.com as well. Shipping is reasonable, I got a 1/2" .025" Trimaster from them. They were the only place I was able to find that sold the thin Trimaster blade. Most carbide tipped blades are .032" thick or thicker. I figured a .025" blade should be a little easier to tension and perhaps less prone to breaking from fatigue going around a 14" wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post

John
    Thanks for suggesting Spectrum, I'll check them out. I took a look at the Woodmaster and it doesn't appear to have carbide teeth. Given I occasionally work in Hard Maple and Hickory, I think I will stick with carbide teeth.

Woodmaster CT 1.3T is likely what you want and has carbide-tipped teeth (CT)

I bought mine from Spectrum Supply last summer and have not taken it off the saw once. Fantastic blade.
    Still waters run deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Hunt View Post
    Thanks for suggesting Spectrum, I'll check them out. I took a look at the Woodmaster and it doesn't appear to have carbide teeth. Given I occasionally work in Hard Maple and Hickory, I think I will stick with carbide teeth.
    Woodmaster CT (Carbide Teeth)

If your saw is large enough and beefy enough to handle the 1" x 1.3 tpi blade it will blow you away. The 3/4" x 2 tpi is a fine choice, too. I have the 1 x 1.3 tpi blade and it will cut a lot of bf before getting dull. Once mine got dull, I resharpened it on the saw with a diamond wheel in a Dremel using a shop built jig and it's cutting like new again.

John

How smooth a cut do you get from the Woodmaster CT 1" x 1.3 tpi? I'm looking to replace my blade soon, but a lot of my resawing is making thin slices of relatively valuable wood, so I'm hoping for as narrow a kerf as possible, but also a cut that will clean up with one light pass through a drum sander. The current Trimaster 3tpi comes pretty close to that when dull-- I bought it used so don't know what it's like when sharp.

I know I also need to try sharpening it-- too many projects, too little time.

Thanks for pointing me to the Woodmaster CT

I just ordered from Spectrum Supply - way cheaper than BandSawBladesDirect.

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    How smooth a cut do you get from the Woodmaster CT 1" x 1.3 tpi? I'm looking to replace my blade soon, but a lot of my resawing is making thin slices of relatively valuable wood, so I'm hoping for as narrow a kerf as possible, but also a cut that will clean up with one light pass through a drum sander. The current Trimaster 3tpi comes pretty close to that when dull-- I bought it used so don't know what it's like when sharp.

I know I also need to try sharpening it-- too many projects, too little time.

This smooth and consistent:

14" wide x 49 inches long, max. deviation about 0.005 inches top to bottom, end to end.

Here's a closeup:

Woodmaster CT 1" x 1.3 tpi at 24ksi tension on a Grizzly G0636X.

John