Home Depot has a 11% rebate match whenever Menards has their 11% rebate. (Only offered if Home Depot stores have Menards stores in the local market.) They give a minimum $1 gift card no matter the size of your purchase. If the registers aren't busy during rebate time I will put each item that is under $9 on separate transactions so I get a $1 gift card for each item. I sometimes get $1 gift cards for stuff that costs less than $1.

Home Depot mails each physical gift card separately rather than combining rebates onto a single gift card. With many $1 gift cards I sometimes get a 1/2" thick stack of Home Depot envelopes in my mailbox. It is a complete waste of money to send me all those individual cards. The biggest waste is a few days ago I got a Priority Mail envelope from Home Depot. I thought it seemed strange they used Priority Mail, but I thought maybe my bigger gift cards were in the envelope. There were two sealed envelopes inside the big envelope with gift cards in them. Each gift card had a value of $1! They spent at least $5 to mail me $2 worth of gifts cards instead of $1 to mail them in two separate envelopes. They normally mail them 1st class in separate envelopes. I did like a dozen rebate requests online one after another on the same day. If they are going to use Priority Mail why not put them all in one envelope then? Instead, they ship two or three cards one day, another two or three a day or two later, and so on until they are all shipped.

The way Home Depot handles their rebates is just a huge waste of money and resources. Menards is a lot harder to do the rebates since the receipts have to be mailed, but at least they combine everything on a single merchandise credit to save money. Menards uses paper that I think they recycle. Home Depot sends a ton of plastic gift cards that end up in the trash.