Thread: Woodcraft Ice Cream Scoop

Woodcraft Ice Cream Scoop

Some time ago I purchased the hawk nosed ice cream scoops from Woodcraft and am now finding the threads aren't true on all of them. I use an insert so the scoop can be removed for washing. There doesn't appear to be any obvious bugger on the threads rather it seems the threads weren't cut consistently. Would it be possible to use a die and recut the treads or would it just make matters worse. I'd have to purchase the appropriate die so I don't want to do that if it won't work anyway. I guess I could just glue them is as suggested by the Woodcraft folks.

Have you checked both SAE and Metric threading?
    Glue them in and hand wash only works also.

Dwight, I bought ten of them at the same time when they were on sale. Eight of the ten threaded on to the insert while two didn't. I don't think the tolerances of the machining is all that great. Yes, the sales person at Woodcraft said they we're made for an insert, yet they're threaded. Try as I might I tell people not to put them in a dishwasher. It doesn't work. Hoping by taking it apart they'll only put the metal in the dishwasher. Personally we carefully wash just the metal part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Rutherford View Post
    Have you checked both SAE and Metric threading?
    Glue them in and hand wash only works also.