I love long bevel miter joints, especially now that I have the Festool domino. They're really challenging to cut accurately/safely on a table saw. I also need a way to break down 4x8 plywood.

I currently own the Makita SP6000J (few months old) and it's only job so far has been to break down 4x8s. With some off-market tracks (Powertec), it cuts accurately enough to be used for making final dimensional cuts. I found out it's limitation recently when I had to work with some badly bowed plywood. The blade would bind at the end of the cut (unless I stuck a wedge behind the cut). It's useless for cutting miters since the angle gauge is stamped and not accurate enough to allow precise repeated cuts.

I'm thinking of selling it for $300-350 and buying the FS TSC 55. Not a big fan of the batteries (up-keep cost) but the portability helps. Being so expensive, it only makes sense to buy because/if:

1. It has a riving knife. It boggles the mind that this has been a known problem for ages and we still see circ/track saws without them.
2. It must be able to do 8'-long 45 deg bevel rip cuts.
3. Motor is strong enough to cut bevels through hardwood.
4. Breaking down plywood, short bevel cuts are assumed to be givens. I also prefer tracksaw when doing cross cuts on long (7-8') plywood pieces that is unwieldy on the tablesaw and too wide for the miter saw (e.g., 24" wide).

Do you folks find it useful?