Thread: Galvo Laser Recommendations?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Galvo Laser Recommendations?

IÂ’m looking for recommendations for a galvo laser. We have (2) Trotec speedy 300Â’s and love them and have a preference towards Trotec because of the quality, speed and support but IÂ’m not confident that there is a big difference between Chinese galvos and Trotec Galvo (Speedmarker) unless you get one of the high end trotecs with an x andor y axis galvo. Below are my observations, requirements, and questions.

1.) I know Trotec uses IPG for the fiber laser source, the Chinese units I have looked at all have the JPT M7 MOPA 60w so not quite the IPG but IÂ’m not sure how different the two are.

2.) I am looking for something that is consistent and reliable and worried that the Chinese lasers may not fit that bill. We are seeing a good amount of high value items and mistakes because of the laser and not operator are not ok.

3.) How reliable is Ezcad? Is there a big learning curve to Ezcad compared to like a job control? Is there a preference between Ezcad 2 vs 3?

4.) what lenses are you finding yourself using? I was considering purchasing 70x70, 175x175, and 300x300.

5.) IÂ’ve always been told that Chinese rotaryÂ’s are worlds away from something like a Trotec rotary in terms of stepper motors vs servos and the precision, can anyone comment on this? And just trying to understand overall quality and consistency of Chinese vs Austrian/US

6.) this is the one IÂ’m looking at, if anyone has any suggestions on something else IÂ’d be all ears. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...5003637393108&

7.) Does anyone use MOPA color? I know it’s slow but still.
    Last edited by Chase Williams; 12-29-2021 at 9:45 PM.