Thread: Crazy Horse dolly

Crazy Horse dolly

For anyone interested these are available in kit form from https://westoakstudios.com/contact-westoak-studios/. I believe he is getting the rubber dome assembly from the originator and cutting out plywood parts on his cnc.

I contacted Michael Samarza there about getting a wingnut replacement for the original slip-nut on mine and he sent one at no charge - a nice guy! Thanks to Joe Calhoon for the hookup.

This is an incredibly useful tool for working with sheet goods or heavy lumber. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzg7ZZ57ydc
    Last edited by Kevin Jenness; 12-29-2021 at 8:06 AM.

Thanks for that. I missed out earlier...sent Michael an email.
    Dave Davies

Looks like a pretty simple DIY. I have some adhesive backed silicone pads to cover the dome piece.

Related thread from about 3 years back. LINK
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I have some adhesive backed silicone pads to cover the dome piece.
    I doubt that will work. The dome on the original is a non-slip surface.

Is the dome part of a Lacrosse ball? If not, one would probably work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Is the dome part of a Lacrosse ball? If not, one would probably work fine.
    It's a custom molded piece of crepe-like rubber. The radius is something like 6-8" with a slight flat on top. The rubber dome is bonded to a steel plate which is welded to a 3/4" threaded rod. I have tipped heavy cabinets on mine at about 45 degrees to get them off a bench and onto a dolly with no slippage.

If you can make an off-the-shelf item work as well, spread the news. For me this is something that works so well it is worth paying a little money for. Honestly, it will save a dozen times its cost in chiropractor bills if you have back problems from humping sheet stock in the shop.