Thread: Crazy mistake at the plywood factory, with photos

Crazy mistake at the plywood factory, with photos

I picked up a plywood pallet behind a store because it had what looked like baltic birch ply for the deck. I needed some to attach wheels to and sit a tool cabinet on top. Got it home cut off the side stringers and looked closely at the wood. super thin veneers of something like birch or elm. The main body was between 7 and 15 layers of something. I think they were trying for 7 plys with a face veneer on each side. About 5/8 or 3/4 thick. It is not like a laminated core door. Just random waves and creases in the core. I was able to get a small piece good enough for my use the other 3/4 of the small sheet is junk.
    Bill D
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 12-27-2021 at 10:00 PM.

So much for pictures. I can not get them into a jpeg. IF I email them to someone can they post them for me please?
    BILL

I get skids and pallets in all the time that have pretty wild wood in them. Just got a skid in from 3form that is like cabinet grade white wood. Get several skids in from solid surface manufacturers that look like they came out of a cabinet shop. I stand them up outside the shop, some 12' long (solid surface) and the locals flock in like vultures wanting them (for free of course). Lots are dead clear SYP. None the less I tell the locals 50 bucks and the skids just stand out there and rot.

Think this was the image of your osb-plywood?

plywood3_cropped.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    So much for pictures. I can not get them into a jpeg. IF I email them to someone can they post them for me please?
    BILL
    https://www.freeconvert.com/jpg-converter

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    BILL
    I can convert most file formats if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Hills View Post
    Think this was the image of your osb-plywood?

plywood3_cropped.jpg
    Several people private messaged me and offered to convert them so others can see the pictures. Matthew was the first one who had time to do so.
    Thanks for the help.
    To be clear it is not osb it is suposed to be regular plywood with big sheets for each ply, I think that was the idea. As the sheets got fed into the machine the overlapped and piled up in crazy overlapping layers
    Bill D.
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 12-27-2021 at 10:02 PM.

That's special Jambalaya panel. It's made for natural gas facilities to provide explosion relief.

I did notice the odd spacing of the trees planted around the dynamite plant. designed so there is no clear path for the blast to travel. It looks regular and random at the same time. They are eucalyptus and the plywood could be some kind of ecalypt I suppose.
    Bill D