Thread: Issues with windows 11

Issues with windows 11

Has anyone had any issues with Ez cad 2 or RD works software after upgrading to windows 11? I haven't upgraded my machines yet but I'm getting the nag screens to upgrade and not sure if it's a good thing to do.

Thanks
    Terry Wade
    BEC Fiber Laser 50 watts with Rotary Attachment and supplied EzCad
    Nice Cut 1600x1200 100 watt Reci with supplied RDWorks and Corel Draw X8, Rotary attachment
    Shenhui 350 50 watts with supplied RDWorksV8
    Sherline CNC Milling Machine
    Concrete Printer CNC Engraver

I'm no help, my only Win10 computer is so breathtakingly S L O W to do ANYTHING that I won't even consider 11. My machines are all run by XP's and 7's, nothing newer.

I just rebuilt 2 computers in the past 6 weeks, a used Dell Optiplex 790 I installed Win7 Ultimate on, and my old Win8.1 HP Pavillion 500PC that lost its hard drive a few years ago... The 7 is as breathtakingly FAST as the 10 is slow, and the fresh 8.1 Pro reinstall on the HP might be all of 2 shades faster than the 10, really disappointing.

The ONLY reason for the 8.1 build is for online use-- because MS is screwing up any Win7's that are online, I'm rebuilding all my 7's and keeping them offline so they'll actually work decent.

Anyway, rant aside, because EzCad is a "no-install" program I doubt win11 will have any adverse affect on it, but no clue about RD works...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    I've seen several reports that say no issue with 11. Only my newest PC will upgrade and it's not on a laser. I just replaced the 'home' pc my wife and I use last year and I'm looking at refurbing the old pc that has the HD dying. It was win 7 originally and if I can find old software, might reinstall.....
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others