Thread: convert 6mm wood screw go guides to a #6 or a #8

convert 6mm wood screw go guides to a #6 or a #8

Can't decide. 6mm convert to #6 or a #8. #8 head sticks proud of the beveled hole in the guide, but I am concerned a #6 will pull through under load?

Thanks.

Brian
    Brian

If you are talking about drawer guides, many require special low profile head screws designed for the purpose. Standard screw heads may not seat into the holes far enough to clear the moving parts on the drawer glides as you note. Those special screws also come in different thread types depending on the material they are supposed to engage. Lastly, don't forget there are #7 screws, too. A #7 trim head might be perfect, assuming you can get the length you need. (I use McFeeley's)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    If you are talking about drawer guides, many require special low profile head screws designed for the purpose. Standard screw heads may not seat into the holes far enough to clear the moving parts on the drawer glides as you note. Those special screws also come in different thread types depending on the material they are supposed to engage. Lastly, don't forget there are #7 screws, too. A #7 trim head might be perfect, assuming you can get the length you need. (I use McFeeley's)

thanks Jim.
    Brian

What Jim said....

& it's just flat out amazing how that little wisp& hint of a proud screw head can bind up a drawer glide like a boulder.......or so I'm told.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon