Thread: Extra base for Ridgid cordless trim router

Extra base for Ridgid cordless trim router

Does anyone know where I can get a base for the Ridgid cordless trim router? I've searched and can't seem to find one. I also have a Bosch colt and have made a few jigs for it and it's convenient to mount an extra base so I don't have to keep mounting the router base when I want to use a jig and unmount it when I'm done. Would like to do the same with the Ridgid.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

You may have to try and buy it as parts if they don't sell it as an assembly.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

You might try the Rockler base. I'm not sure if the holes line up or not. I got a sheet of 1/4" lexan at HD and made one from scratch. But then I gave it away (the router, too), when I got a Milwaukee cordless, which comes with two bases.

Try ereplacementparts.com

Probably cheaper just to pickup a second (or third) trim router off CL or FB Marketplace.

Blog Entries
    I agree that at that price point buying a whole 'tool only' set may be your best bet. I would call Ridgid for parts (hopefully an assembly) pricing to be sure. I will say that if this is something you want to do I would not waffle on it too long. Ridgid has a way of making subtle or no-so-subtle changes to their tools which could make things incompatible . .. DAMHIKT. With the LSA it is likely this tool will be with you for some time. I would be tempted to just pick up a couple of extra sets when I find them on sale.

Like you I have multiple Bosch Colts and bases. Some bases are on jigs and do not leave. I did pick up a Ridgid cordless router at a great price thinking it would be handy for jobs where dragging a cord would be a problem. It has proven to be quite handy and since I have a host of items that use those battery form factors and are LSA I will be watching for another opportunity ;-)

P.s. I have bought Ridgid items on Amazon that I ended up having to return. Apparently there are suppliers that have great prices BUT, the tools are from batches of serial numbers that Ridgid will not offer the LSA on. Probably re-sells or bought by the container full through some odd relationship(?). At any rate, just a cautionary tale to help other avoid the hassle.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 12-25-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler